641.628.9999 | 888.506.4562
304 Oskaloosa Street | Pella, IA 50219
A Contemporary Christian Radio Station

Local News 3.5.2018

Central college athletes are filling a need here in South Central Iowa by helping people move their belongings – the company is called Unite Moving Company, a two-year-old company founded by Nathan Clayberg and Jacob DeWaard.  The business utilizes athletes from Central College and Drake University to help those needing to move in area communities.  Clayberg, a 2014 graduate of Pella Community High School, and DeWaard, a 2012 PHS graduate, founded the company in April 2016. Clayberg received a tip from a local realtor, who recommended they start a moving company, since none existed locally in south central Iowa.  About 70 percent of the company’s net income is donated to Unite Midwest. The remaining 30 percent pays the workers and is reinvested into the company.

Big changes are coming to the Newton Public Library – extensive renovations will affect hours of operations and services between now and May.  The current facility will be closed from March 26 through late May; during that time the library office will offer limited services beginning April 2 with hours changing to 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.  Story times will be held at the Pregnancy Center of Central Iowa, 709 First Ave. W. Suite 1 and the Newton YMCA at regularly scheduled times.  All other programs will be paused until the building reopens and ongoing updates will be announced on the library’s website and Facebook page.


8 hours ago

KCWN 99.9 FM

You who fear the LORD, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him! Revere him, all you descendants of Israel! Psalm 22:23

There are many things in this world we can admire. There are many famous people we may stargaze over because of all the abilities they have been given. We may soon be finding ourselves praising them and honoring them to the place they get all of our attention. We see them behind the TV screen which grasps a lot of our daily attention. We would instead praise the celebrity or athlete behind the screen than the One who is truly worthy.

This isn’t to make us feel guilty, but it is written to change us. David called out and said for those who fear the Lord, Praise Him. If we admire God, then praise should be a daily heartfelt response. Maybe our hearts have been overtaken by false idols, and there isn’t enough room for fearing God. Could it be, we have allowed to much space to worship idols instead of the One True God?

David called out to the descendants with an an exclamation point behind his statements. He knew there would be other idols trying to compete with the fear of the Lord. We too are descendants of Jacob and like our ancestors, it’s time to honor, revere and praise His name. It could be time to get rid of what’s taking the place of our daily praise! Making praise a regular exercise will conquer the invasion of the idol.

Today in the Workplace
Is praise a daily part of your life? Who are you praising?
... See MoreSee Less